Below are some main points from an article written on the basic principals of Hinduism, by Dr Pankaj Jain, Ph.D that is very much in sync with my own beliefs:
• The earth can be seen as a manifestation of the goddess, and must be treated with respect.
• The five elements — space, air, fire, water and earth — are the foundation of an interconnected web of life.
• Dharma — often translated as “duty” — can be reinterpreted to include our responsibility to care for the earth.
• Simple living is a model for the development of sustainable economies.
• Our treatment of nature directly affects our karma.
As a half-Argentinian it is practically my duty to eat beef, so clearly this isn’t the religion for me, but I have an enormous amount of respect for their beliefs and agree with a large majority of their teachings.
Link to article: Hindu101